2020: the longest year was also an award-winning year for HP
In our journey to imagine the future and make it happen, we’re often recognized as a sustainability leader and a workplace where people come to thrive.
2020 was going to be about change for HP well before the escalation of COVID-19. We were already rethinking how we work and do business, transforming from within. When certain transitions were set to hyperdrive due to external forces, we were straight ahead at full speed, working overtime to create new products and services designed to help combat the pandemic while supporting employees, partners, and customers alike.
We rose to the challenge, united behind our shared vision, and continued to deliver. Our reputation as an award-winner company just got even stronger in 2020. We didn’t stumble—if anything, we gained momentum against all odds.
The awards below represent the HP Way in action: what we value, how we work, and how we lead. Product awards recognize what we make, but the awards on this page honor how we attract, develop, and support world-class talent. Thanks to all of our employees for making all of this possible. We earned these together.
Learn about some of our biggest achievements in 2020, and discover what it’s like to be part of HP:
- World’s Best Employers list from Forbes magazine: The list announcement highlighted an assortment of HP initiatives created this year to support employees through the pandemic.
- Best Workplaces for Parents from Great Place to Work: 94% of Great Place to Work employee survey respondents expressed that they’re able to take time off from work when they think it’s necessary.
- Best Workplaces for Innovators from Fast Company: The business magazine specifically highlighted our 3D Printing and Digital Manufacturing Center of Excellence in Barcelona, Spain.
- Best Workplaces in Technology from Fortune magazine and Great Place to Work: 90% of Great Place to Work employee survey respondents described HP as a great place to work. (Compare that to the 59% of employees at a typical US-based company.)
- Culture 500 list from MIT Sloan Management Review and Glassdoor: We were designated a Culture Champion, meaning we were named part of a group of 21 companies with the best cultures in the US. We also ranked among the top five overall when it comes to valuing diversity.
- The Most Innovative Companies list from Boston Consulting Group: Our capacity for innovation makes us one of only eight companies who have made this list every year since its inception in 2006. Beyond that, we jumped from #44 in 2019 to an impressive #15 in 2020.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Employee Resource Group of the Year for the Global Pride Business Impact Network (BIN) from the Outie Awards: Since separation, our Pride BINs have grown from eight to 18 chapters, more than doubling the number of chapters around the globe.
- Digital Inclusion Index from World Benchmarking Alliance: Ranked #8 out of 100, the index names HP a leader in digital inclusion and ranks us second among companies headquartered in the US and third among hardware companies.
- 2020 NAFE Top Company for Executive Women: for demonstrating effectiveness in moving women to senior ranks, including mentoring, sponsorship, involvement in employee resource groups, and leadership development training.
- 2020 Diversity Best Practices Inclusion Index Organizations company
- 2020 Best Companies for Multicultural Women: recognizing our efforts and measures to help women of color succeed.
- 2020 Working Mother 100 Best Companies: Recognized for demonstrating progress in offering paid parental leave and opportunities to return to work gradually, as well as family-friendly benefits and opportunities for women to advance.
- 2020 Working Mother 100 Best Companies for Dads: Ranked on the first edition of this award, for exemplifying what companies should be doing to help dads succeed at work and home.
- Ranked in the top 10 of World Benchmarking Alliance’s Digital Inclusion Benchmark
- Enrique Lores ranked #6 in Fast Company’s 2020 Top tech CEOs list
- Tracy Keogh named as one of the Most Influential HR Leaders by HR Digest for her efforts in leading a global workforce through a pandemic.
- Management Top 250 from the Wall Street Journal and the Drucker Institute: We entered the top 10 for the first time in 2020. The annual rankings are based on an assessment of customer satisfaction, employee engagement and development, innovation, social responsibility, and financial strength.
- America’s Most Responsible Companies list from Newsweek magazine: We’ve ranked #1 on Newsweek’s list (which debuted in 2019) for two years now.
- The 100 Most Sustainable US Companies list by Barron’s: Named #6 on the list, we’ve been in the top 10 since Barron’s launched the ranking three years ago.
- CDP Climate Change A List, Forest A-List, and Water Security A List: For the second year in a row, we placed on all three of CDP’s A lists. We were the only technology company in 2020 to achieve triple As, and one of only 10 companies worldwide to make all three A lists.
- World’s Most Sustainably Managed Companies list from The Wall Street Journal: We were ranked #8 based on metrics around human resources, social capital, environment, business model, and innovation.
- #16 on Forbes and Just Capital’s overall 2021 Ranking of America’s most just companies and #3 in the technology category of the ranking
That’s what it’s like to be part of HP!